Tuesday, October 8, 2019

October 8, 2019


Dear Family,                                                                                                October 8, 2019
            I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend! Maybe you got a jump start on our science projects. Students may bring them in as they finish. The due date is Thursday, October 10.
            You will see our cumulative Unit 1 Reading Assessment in our work folders today. I was elated with our grades! Unit 2’s theme is Extreme Weather. I’ve been reading our unit tests aloud. Beginning this week, I want them to read it. I’ll tell them any and all words they don’t know. We will see how it goes. I feel confident they will do fine. And if not, we will regroup. I want my students to be successful.
            I have mixed feelings about our how I give our spelling tests. They want to write the words and not bubble in. Let me know your thoughts. This week we will WRITE the words on notebook paper.
            In math this week our topics are: collecting data and tallying; adding multiples of 10 using mental computation; estimating the sum of two two-digit numbers; and estimating, measuring, and drawing line segments using centimeters. Continue reviewing adding 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 9.
            Please return the fall festival sign up sheet. We need parents to work at our inflatable booth. Our city’s splash pad opens tomorrow. Better late than never. They encountered stumbling block after stumbling block. Last day for AR tests this nine weeks is Tuesday, October 15 at 3:00.
            We wear neon this Friday. Let’s GLOW, Chiefs!
            A special thank you to:
·        Hayden for bringing us erasers from Japan. He visited Epcot and thought of us!
·        Becky McPherson (Aunt Bec Bec) for our pink beaded necklaces Friday. We enjoyed our pink iced cookies as we sported our beads!
·        Daryn brought us pink arm bands to wear! We were a sharp crowd when we won the spirit stick!
Teaching and loving yours,
             Miss Suzann

No comments:

Post a Comment